Tuesday, 13 January 2009

New Year Holidays


Have you ever been to Brussels? I went for a couple of days at the start of this new year and would recommend it. We spent most of our time walking the streets following a trail of murals which each celebrate the wealth of the Belgian comic culture. I am a lifelong Tintin fan having been brought up on them by my father who was also an avid Tintin reader in his childhood.
We also sampled an almost unhealthy number of Belgian waffles, ironically the best, in our humble tourist opinion, came from the Australian Waffle and Ice Cream Company.
I managed to get a fair bit of knitting done as well although no pictures as of yet. I have started knitting River from Rowan Magazine no. 38. There is a free PDF of the pattern available on Ravelry I think. It is a quicker knit than I thought and I am already well into my second pattern repeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blistering barnacles!! Thundering typhoons! That looks like an excellent holiday. I hope you were able to sample to local potato and cabbage speciality, I think it's called Stoemp or something like that. It's yummy!