Monday, 16 February 2009

River and dreams

I think this will be the first project in a long while that will be finished on time! A couple of months ago a good friend of mine decided to take the plunge and hand in her notice and leave work. When she told me I decided I wanted to make her something to wish her good luck. One of her dreams for this new post work period is to get a dog, so I decided I would make her a dog walking scarf. Rather than a normal chunky scarf I wanted to make something light, feminine and pretty, something in lace to reflect how I perceive her. I settled on River.

I am only about 20 rows away from finishing and am delighted with it so far. As I am so near completion I will wait until I have cast off the final few stitches before taking a photo - then you can see the finished product!

So this entry has some photos I have put a couple I have taken from my bedroom window:






2 comments:

KeanaLee said...

Can't wait to see it!

Sarah said...

Looks like you have a great view. The photos you showed me of River were beautiful.