It is finally done! I am very pleased with it, it fits and although I may have to block it again to give the trim more shape I will definitely wear it!
It is not a hard pattern and the repeats are easy to remember. Or at least, I found it easy to notice when I had gone wrong! The pattern however doesn't give much guidance on finishing. In the end I used a mattress stitch to sew it up and I am pleased with the result.
I have knitted it to wear at my wedding, which is now only 3 weeks away! I will be wearing it over my dress and have arranged for my shoes to be dyed to match the yarn. I have used a company called Rainbow Club which do a huge range of shoes and will dye them any colour under the sun! You simply send a sample of fabric and they will match it.
Now, I have to knit the bridesmaid's shawl...
No comments:
Post a Comment