Sunday, 28 February 2010

Train knitting

A couple of weeks ago, I went North. My husband and I spent a couple of nights in Edinburgh (see above) and then on to visit my Godmother near Berwick upon Tweed. It was a few days of relaxation in what was a rather busy month.

Coming from the South, I was struck with how empty everything was. Edinburgh is clearly a vibrant capital city but the area around Berwick, only an hour away, is beautifully deserted.

Valentine's day was at the end of our holiday and was celebrated with some colourful cup cakes! The recipe used was a red velvet cake taken from the Hummingbird Bakery recipe book. Delicious.

We took the train to Edinburgh which gave me a good excuse to knit for hours. I progress on my mittens and have very nearly finished - only been knitting them for a year... However I am not allowed to start anything new until I have at least finished one project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, you have motivated me to open my Hummingbird bird and cook the red velvet cupcakes