Friday, 23 March 2007

Goodbye Mr T. Cosy and Hello Ms. Marigold!

I have finally finished my tea cosy - no photo yet I am afraid. I am going to have to take it home to felt as my washing machine locks until the end of the cycle. Going home over Easter weekend though so can have a go then. Do any of you have any felting tips?

I saw a link to Ms. Marigold on the Sexy Knitters' Blog last week and fell in love! I have been looking for pattern for a sleeveless top and this fits the bill perfectly. The top down, no seaming approach also appeals a great deal - anything to avoid a bit of extra work!

The pattern recommends using Knit Picks Elegance- 70% baby alpaca, 30% silk - 50grams/110 yds on 3.75mm needles. Do you have any suggestions for an alternative yarn? Have any of you knitted it?

I am heading up to Sheffield this weekend to stay with a friend. I am very much looking forward to it. The plan, weather permitting, is to go on a lovely long walk. It has been a while since I have been in proper countryside, I have been trapped in the city for far too long!

4 comments:

Seahorse said...

Hope you have a good time in Sheffield!

I think Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK would be a good sub for Elegance.

Mary-Lou said...

Pick your favourite luxury DK and go for it!

Sarah said...

Hope that you have a great weekend. I love Ms Marigold too. What colour do you think you'll do it in?

Kate said...

Kendra, I am not sure about colour. I was thinking of something summery, so a light colour. Then again I am always drawn to bright vibrant colours no matter what my original intentions were!