Isn't he handsome?! This is my boyfriend who decided the best way to model my tea cosy was by wearing it!
The tea cosy is my first venture into the world of double-pointed needles. I just love non-knitters' faces when I explain I am knitting it on four needles! They always do a double-take and I can proudly say 'No your ears didn't deceive you, I did say four needles.' I just keep very quiet about how easy it actually is...
That said I did have a bit of a battle for a while as I really ought to have been using a set of five. There were simply too many stitches for only four and until the decreases kicked in it was an uphill struggle to stop the pesky stitches form slipping off the stunted needles.
I have decided not to follow the pattern's embroidery direction on the tea cosy. Instead I am going to raid my button stash and sew them on in, undoubtedly, a rather erratic fashion!
The tea cosy is my first venture into the world of double-pointed needles. I just love non-knitters' faces when I explain I am knitting it on four needles! They always do a double-take and I can proudly say 'No your ears didn't deceive you, I did say four needles.' I just keep very quiet about how easy it actually is...
That said I did have a bit of a battle for a while as I really ought to have been using a set of five. There were simply too many stitches for only four and until the decreases kicked in it was an uphill struggle to stop the pesky stitches form slipping off the stunted needles.
I have decided not to follow the pattern's embroidery direction on the tea cosy. Instead I am going to raid my button stash and sew them on in, undoubtedly, a rather erratic fashion!
4 comments:
I wondered what your boyfriend looked like. He is a bit fluffier and stripier than I'd imagined...
great tea cozy & even greater boyfriend to model it! Welcome to blogland! You will love it here, oh! the things you will make & the people you will meet!
Welcome to blogging, I am sure you will really enjoy it but as anyone told you how obsessed you will became?
ha ha ha! Cute pic!
if you think they look at you wierd now...wait till you are knitting with dpns AND a cable needle!! That really gets the comments!
WElcome to blogging...looks like you are finding it fun!
Post a Comment