Thursday, 17 May 2007

Willing it to dry

Ta-da! Here is my Ms Marigold blocking. The book you can see is my trusty copy of Stitch and Bitch Knitter's Handbook which guided me through the blocking process. I have a ridiculously small sink though, which meant most of the water ended up on my shoes once I submerged my knitting - I failed to remember Archimedes and his bath...

I am really pleased with it so far. I followed the pattern pretty much exactly, just making it a little bit longer. I also included the suggested increases to accommodate hips at the bottom. I found the crocheted ruffles on the shoulders stuck out far too much, I felt as though I had sprouted mini wings, so I anchored them to the top to reduce flapping.

Now I just have to wait patiently until I can wear it!

My next project is going to be Dashing. I am making them for a friend's birthday in a couple of weeks. The chances however he will get both of them presented to him on his birthday is rather slim; I haven't yet bought the yarn and am not sure I have the correct needles! I am never very good at sticking to knitting deadlines, but you never know!


And finally... These three bunnies were created on a rather long train journey to Exeter. We had great fun decorating and creating personas for each of them.
(Yes it is a knitting pattern in the background - it was sacrificed for the art of bunny decorating...)

No comments: