Monday, 25 June 2007

Train Knitting

Since finishing my exams last Monday I have had an exceptionally busy week. Throughout my revision I have been writing a list of post-exam treats and have been steadily working through them ticking them off with a flourish.

I have had a picnic here; danced the night away at my end of year ball; been to the Anthony Gormley exhibition; met up with Kendra and another knitting buddy; and been to Brighton and Bristol.

If you are in London I would recommend going to the Gormley exhibition or at least wander along the Southbank; life-size figures have been placed on rooftops on both sides of the Thames as an extension of the exhibition. For me the exhibition's highlight was Blind Light. It is a cloud-filled box which is so brightly lit it is totally white. Walking around you can see absolutely nothing, just hear the voices of others deep within the cloud until you stumble across them, a dark shape coming towards you out of the light. The comments left by other visitors about Blind Light were interesting, particularly the number of those with visual impairments who felt free from their disability when in the box.

I managed to get a bit of knitting done on the way to Brighton. I have been wanting to knit this for a while and have finally done so! I felt it would be a perfect birthday present for a girlfriend of mine. Although I am not a great thong fan but exceptions must be made for knitted ones!
Also thank you to all of you who gave me tips on suitable finishing techniques books. I will be making my purchase shortly!

2 comments:

Seahorse said...

The thong looks great!

Sarah said...

The thong looks great. I love the colour you chose for the ribbon.