Me knitting on the whilst speeding through Slovakia
I had a wonderful holiday! We crossed a continent dipping our toes in both the Baltic and Adriatic Seas. We travelled from Gdansk in the north of Poland to Pula in Croatia stopping on the way at various points.
We even managed a day trip from Slovakia to Vienna and saw the Hundertwasser house.
The way he has included nature within the building is ingenious. It must be a fantastic sight in Autumn as the leaves turn golden.
While in Budapest I spent many a happy hour soaking in the city's many thermal baths. Pottering from one pool to another, then braving a steamy sauna quickly followed by a plunge into an ice-cold pool - bliss. The photo to the right is the stained glass dome of the baths.
As for knitting, well I didn't get nearly as much as I had planned to do done - typical! I started a new project on holiday inspired by all the wonderful FOs from the Sexy Knitters Club. I have started Rusted Root in some Almerino Yarn I had in my stash. I was doing quite well but will have to show you photos next week as I am sadly going to have to unraval a bit as I have made a mistake in the lace pattern - some how I have added an extra row...
2 comments:
Hi there Kate,
What a fantastic holiday! I found some Hundertwasser postcards the other day in a local shop, I love his work. Anyway keep up the knitting, I'm doing a complicated cardigan at the moment....looking good so far!
The holiday photis look great but where are the kittens?!
Post a Comment