Saturday, 15 September 2007

Simple Knits and Knitty

Have you seen the new Knitty? I hadn't checked the website for quite a while and was delighted to see that the new patterns were up!


I really like Muir and I love Neiman, particularly as I think I have a stash of Rowan Wool Cotton somewhere. Isn't Flower Pot wonderful! I just think it would be a tad small for me...

I have tired of Rusted Root... So decided to knit a quick, easy hat! I have used the pattern generator on Schmeebot's blog. So far so good.

The pattern is made up from a series of wrapped and short rows. I learnt all about short rows in Calorimetry but have never wrapped stitches. Always good to learn new techniques! It should be finished by the end of the weekend so photos are to follow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should try a Calorimetry, they look adorable and warm in the cool weather.... I love Muir in the new Knitty, and Cherie Amour, and Ysolda's tam as well. It's a great issue!

Looking forward to more photos.... :)

Sarah said...

I like Flower Power too. It's so cute!

It seems like a pretty good Knitty this time. Sometimes there aren't that many patterns I like but there are uite a few good ones this time.

I hope you find a good knitting group.