There were among my birthday and Christmas presents a few knitting themed gifts.

My Godmother gave me the above. A very generous selection of alpaca yarn. It is 4-ply and uses 3-3.5mm needles - any suggestions what to do with it? I love its softness and the natural colours.

This was my second knitting present, the new pattern book by Kim Hargreaves. It showcases these patterns. Darcy is certainly going to be on my to-knit list of 2008.
On the long train ride home I got a fair bit of knitting done and my mittens are progressing nicely now. They are quite narrow though and before I get much further I have to decide whether it is necessary to rip them and start again on larger needles or to trust blocking.

2 comments:
Hi Katherine, I just thought I would look up your blog and was so thrilled to see the alpaca with his wool. I shall look forward to hearing what suggestions you get.
From the Godmother!!!
That alpaca yarn is gorgeous! And I love that it is from "happy alpacas". Aaaww! maybe some stranded fingerless mitts/ gauntlets? Stranded socks?
I think "Darcy" is gorgeous. Wow.
Post a Comment