Saturday, 8 December 2007

Dashing finished but no Reindeers here - only Xmas Squirrels!

A bit out of focus I know...

I have finished Dashing. I was pleased with them, I think they were slightly better than the last set as they had more give in them. The first pair I knitted were quite tight where the cables twists were, I think that was down to the yarn I used though.


To continue with the handwear theme I have started knitting some mittens - not any old mittens but squirrelly ones! I am using ZwergerGarn Opal sockyarn.



My progress has been rather slow so far. This however isn't down to the pattern, which is easy to follow using a very clear chart, it is to do with lack of time. The last week or so has been very busy with work and Xmas gatherings consuming my free time. Not that I am complaining! I am very much looking forward to Xmas; it will be wonderful to go home for a bit.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, going home for Christmas is always a treat!

I am looking forward to seeing those squirrels - happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

I love those squirrelly mittens! I hope you have fun with them - I am still working on a different pair of squirrelly mittens, and my tension is *way* too tight - I am going to have to block the heck out of them to get them to fit! Good luck! :)

Thalia

http://birdsinthetree.typepad.com