Bank Holidays - I love them and think we should have more!
I spent the weekend in Devon. I walked, visited country pubs and admired the grandeur of the South West's country homes and gardens. I visited Killerton, a National Trust property near Exeter.
The gardens were large and in part obviously planned and landscaped. The highlight was the Bear Hut well hidden away from the house. The hut, as it name implies, housed a grizzly bear. Unbelievable when you see just how small it was. The floor was made from deer knuckles, the roof insulated with deer skins...
I have done a bit of knitting here and there. I have almost finished my shrug. Hopefully by the end of next week I will be sporting it and can show you a finished item. For the time being though:

1 comment:
A deer knuckle floor? That sounds amazing! I'm hoping that we institute the Bank Holiday concept here in the US someday, but people here seem to have accepted the attitude of having almost no time off of work. Strange.
Looking forward to seeing the shrug! Perfect seasonal knitting. :)
Post a Comment