This is one of my current WIPs. It is the cardigan version of Electra from Rowan 38. I have been knitting it for months and months and months... I however simply love it and all the while am knitting with my fingers crossed, hoping that it will fit me! It is the first time I have knitted anything fair ilse-esque, or a cardigan for that matter, so will be extremely proud of myself when I finish - if that date should ever come!
Not everything takes me quite that long to finish though. To prove it here is a hat I completed a couple of weeks ago. It is again from Rowan 38 and is called Braiden. I loved making it. I particularly like the affect of the smocking on the ribbed hat as well as the little sparkly beads. I have however, one niggling complaint about the pattern. I just could not make head or tail of the provided embroidery instructions. In the end I just gave up and created my own smocking design. It looks much the same though - don't you agree?
Finally here is me sporting my Calorimetry. I spent a very happy day in Kew Gardens over the weekend and this is me basking in the sun oblivious that a sneaky snap was being taken...
I made mine out of Rowan tapestry. The yarn is wonderful, perfect for a project such as this that requires a variegated yarn. I found it frustrating at times as it split whilst knitting. Despite this I am very pleased with the end result and have been wearing it proudly over the last few days!
5 comments:
I love your Calorimtery. It looks great in Tapestry and really suits you.
You are definitely being too modest about your knitting skills in your previous post!
You are too kind Kendra! I really do love my Calorimtery however it seems to be stretching slightly - probably from over-wearing! Next time I will knit it tighter and a bit smaller I think.
Electra is gorgeous!
You look very relaxed and happy in your Calorimetry :)
You ARE ambitious - your knitting looks fab! The calorimetry will spring back into shape when you wash it, I'll bet.
Your Calorimetry looks great!
Post a Comment