Thursday, 5 April 2007

Goats and Marigolds


No doubt all weekend you have all been raking your brains for where might be the 'Switzerland of England' , so I will now reveal my holiday destination as.... *drum roll*.... Lynton and Lynmouth!


For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, they are two little villages on the North coast of Devon. We went walking, saw the feral goats who have found their home in the Valley of the Rocks and went up and down the cliff railway a number of times. The goats were once exterminated by the local farmers as they were known to butt the farmers' sheep off the cliffs! Thankfully my passage through the 'evil' goats was peaceful and I was not sent tumbling down a cliff...


Now to the knitting content - Ms Marigold.


As you can see I got a fair bit done over the weekend. I fear the back may be a bit narrow for me. However I have decided to trust the pattern and keep going until I start the torso part in the round when can try it on properly. So far I am very pleased with my progress! It is a great pattern to follow, very simple :o)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the goats - maybe it's the way they are standing, their little horns ready to butt someone over, but they look very sassy and self-assured. It looks like it was beautiful!

Sarah said...

I love the Valley of the Rocks. we used to go there lots when I was little. Those goats were always evil little blighters!

TutleyMutley said...

Great destination. North Devon was so much cannier with planning permission than the councils here in S Devon - I think (although we have some lovely places) overall North Devon is wilder and woollier and lovelier.