A finished project for you all - my tea cosy!
Throughout the process I was regretting ever deciding to felt. It was incredibly time-consuming particularly as I don't use top loading machine.

I however ate my words when I rung out my tea cosy for the last time - I love my FELTED tea cosy! It certainly was worth all the effort. Thanks to the glorious weather over the Easter weekend it dried in no time and ever since I have been drinking lots of tea!
If I were to make it again, I would start the decreasing a few rows earlier as my tea pot is not quite tall enough for the tea cosy. Apart from that I am very content with my handiwork.
I am yet to decide whether or not to put buttons or the like on it. I must admit I quite like the cosy as it is so think I will leave it simple and unadorned.
I however ate my words when I rung out my tea cosy for the last time - I love my FELTED tea cosy! It certainly was worth all the effort. Thanks to the glorious weather over the Easter weekend it dried in no time and ever since I have been drinking lots of tea!
If I were to make it again, I would start the decreasing a few rows earlier as my tea pot is not quite tall enough for the tea cosy. Apart from that I am very content with my handiwork.
I am yet to decide whether or not to put buttons or the like on it. I must admit I quite like the cosy as it is so think I will leave it simple and unadorned.
6 comments:
The tea cosy looks great, it has felted really well :-)
I can indeed verify that this is a tea cosy of the highest order. It was a bit dark when I was wearing it, but now that the felt has shrunk it appears to have taken on thermos-like qualities! And I should know.
Yours,
Mr T Cosy
A beautiful teacosy to adorn a beautiful teapot!
I love the colors you've chosen for the tea cozy. I have not yet felted myself, but I'm encouraged by your success!
It's adorable! I think that it looks great as-is... if you wanted to embellish it, I think I would add some tiny honeybees to it, since it looks so hive-y. (Of course, I love bees, and you may think that this bee idea is nuts.)
:)
It looks really great. It's even more impressive in real life.
Post a Comment