I decided to use a couple of balls of Rowan's All Seasons Cotton to knit this. Primarily as I had them in my wool bag but also as they were of a suitable boy colour, 'Military'. The only snag is, as Kendra explained to me, the yarn is not very stretchy so the rib isn't very elastic meaning they are likely to be too big, especially as I did the larger size... At the time of casting on however it seemed exceptionally sensible. The Birthday Boy in question towers above me at well over 6 foot so I presumed he would have giant ape-like hands (thought in the nicest way possible of course!). I have decided to plow on and if on presentation they spin around his not-so-ape-like-but-more-spindle-like wrists I will simply have to frog and start again.
Thursday, 24 May 2007
A rather slow dash
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
they look good, i hope they fit him. Keep us posted
I'm sure they will fit fine! If they don't, just tell him he really needs to work out more.
Post a Comment